Making Images
A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - Printable Version

+- Making Images (http://forum.makingimages.com.au)
+-- Forum: Special interest categories (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Forum: Mirrorless (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... (/showthread.php?tid=1100)

A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - Tetrode - 22-Jun-2016 14:22

http://www.hasselblad.com/x1d

RE: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - Sheldon N - 22-Jun-2016 14:58

Wow, color me impressed. Things are moving in the right direction.

Just cheap enough to capture the well heeled photo enthusiasts purchase, well thought out enough to actually be a useful photo tool. Interested to see how it does.

RE: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - Tetrode - 22-Jun-2016 15:11

Hasselblad didn't do the launch any favors with that gallery of positively putrid sample images.

RE: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - FJ Love - 22-Jun-2016 15:27

reminds me of the pentax 645D, the system has two lenses Icon_lol

as Sheldon said I think mirrorless is moving in the right direction and this will help more people realize it, still nothing from Canon , Nikon or Kodak, strange

RE: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - FJ Love - 22-Jun-2016 15:28

(22-Jun-2016 15:11)Tetrode wrote:  Hasselblad didn't do the launch any favors with that gallery of positively putrid sample images.

total garbage shots over processed Icon_rolleyes

RE: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - Sheldon N - 22-Jun-2016 15:34

(22-Jun-2016 15:11)Tetrode wrote:  that gallery of positively putrid sample images.

Very strategic planning on the part of Hasselblad. When a rich Asian dentist buys the camera and also takes crappy pictures, his expectations for how the images would look weren't set too high. Icon_cheesygrin

RE: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - Tetrode - 22-Jun-2016 15:39

I'm sure the lens lineup will flesh out pretty quickly. Unlike the Pentax 645D/645Z, the new Hasselblad does not have a focal plane shutter; leaf shutters in the lenses which will flash sync up to 1/2000 second. For many pros, I'm sure that feature alone will have them whipping out their credit cards.

I wonder if Sony or Fuji are quietly working on a MF mirrorless camera. How many ways can you divide a small niche?

RE: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - Tetrode - 22-Jun-2016 15:40

(22-Jun-2016 15:34)Sheldon N wrote:  Very strategic planning on the part of Hasselblad. When a rich Asian dentist buys the camera and also takes crappy pictures, his expectations for how the images would look weren't set too high. Icon_cheesygrin

Clever those Swedes!

RE: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - Tetrode - 22-Jun-2016 15:42

Now I wonder if Brad Pitt and Seal will be trading their Leica S2s for the X1D.

RE: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - Sigma Pi - 22-Jun-2016 18:37

(22-Jun-2016 15:42)Tetrode wrote:  

Now I wonder if Brad Pitt and Seal will be trading their Leica S2s for the X1D.
I saw seal at disneyland with his wife and kids.

RE: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - juice - 22-Jun-2016 19:57

(22-Jun-2016 15:39)Tetrode wrote:  I wonder if Sony or Fuji are quietly working on a MF mirrorless camera. How many ways can you divide a small niche?
I haven't heard the "Fuji is developing a MF camera" for a while now.

Mind you, my need for mental stability means I'm hardly in any photography-related groups any more.

RE: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - Ralphbro - 22-Jun-2016 21:36

Dave, when are you getting one to test?

RE: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - Tetrode - 22-Jun-2016 22:35

(22-Jun-2016 21:36)Ralphbro wrote:  Dave, when are you getting one to test?

When one shows up on my local Craigslist for $1K or less.

RE: A new, Lenin-worthy camera for Ralph ... - Case - 23-Jun-2016 00:20

I was about ready to call it a dud till i saw the sensor size. I still feel like it will be a challenge ergonomically from the heavy lenses far outweighting and outsizing the small body, but a petite sized medium format should be very interesting for some people.