G'day, welcome to the Making Images forum. Please register, it will make things even better! Read this page for some suggestions as to how to bet the most out of your time here.




General rubbish
Author Message
DJ Offline



Can I buy a vowel?
Minnesota

Posts: 36,997
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #51
RE: General rubbish
 
Ralph, what was the guest photo thing you were referring to?

19-Sep-2012 03:20
posts reply
Ralphbro Offline



Agalmatophiliac
Imagining My Jewels

Posts: 1,075
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #52
RE: General rubbish
 
Icon_mrgreen

19-Sep-2012 03:24
posts reply
June Bug Offline



pseudo girlie-girl
Painting shit on Martin's truck.

Posts: 6,331
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #53
RE: General rubbish
 
What's the deal Ralph? Trying to trick DJ into going back to POTN2?

I used to be a lumberjack.

19-Sep-2012 03:26
posts reply
June Bug Offline



pseudo girlie-girl
Painting shit on Martin's truck.

Posts: 6,331
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #54
RE: General rubbish
 
How come when I type POTN2 it changes to POTN2?

I used to be a lumberjack.

19-Sep-2012 03:27
posts reply
June Bug Offline



pseudo girlie-girl
Painting shit on Martin's truck.

Posts: 6,331
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #55
RE: General rubbish
 
Oh, very clever, Mr. Mic !!!
Any other spell-check type goodies here? Or do we have to stumble across them ourselves??

Let's see: retard

I used to be a lumberjack.

19-Sep-2012 03:29
posts reply
June Bug Offline



pseudo girlie-girl
Painting shit on Martin's truck.

Posts: 6,331
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #56
RE: General rubbish
 
Guess not. I think I may have noticed that yesterday. It's getting late. G'night guys !!!

I used to be a lumberjack.

19-Sep-2012 03:30
posts reply
Sheldon N Online



MegaloMooMoo
Vancouver, WA

Posts: 53,196
Joined: Jul 2012

Post: #57
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 03:29)June Bug wrote:  Oh, very clever, Mr. Mic !!!
Any other spell-check type goodies here? Or do we have to stumble across them ourselves??

It took me a while to figure that one out too! Mic is a crafty one. Icon_smile

(19-Sep-2012 03:30)June Bug wrote:  G'night guys !!!

Goodnight June!

Sheldon | I like camera gear | Flickr
19-Sep-2012 03:44
posts www reply
Ralphbro Offline



Agalmatophiliac
Imagining My Jewels

Posts: 1,075
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #58
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 03:44)Sheldon N wrote:  
(19-Sep-2012 03:29)June Bug wrote:  Oh, very clever, Mr. Mic !!!
Any other spell-check type goodies here? Or do we have to stumble across them ourselves??

It took me a while to figure that one out too! Mic is a crafty one. Icon_smile

(19-Sep-2012 03:30)June Bug wrote:  G'night guys !!!

Goodnight June!

That reminds me of what June Cleaver said to Ward one morning.
"Gosh Honey, don't you think your were a little hard on the Beaver last night?" Icon_cool

19-Sep-2012 03:46
posts reply
juice Online



Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Posts: 15,184
Joined: May 2012
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Post: #59
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 03:27)June Bug wrote:  How come when I type POTN2 it changes to POTN2?
Confusing Icon_smile

19-Sep-2012 04:12
posts www reply
DJ Offline



Can I buy a vowel?
Minnesota

Posts: 36,997
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #60
RE: General rubbish
 
Icon_lol

19-Sep-2012 04:13
posts reply
Dennis Offline



Qatar Kraut
Qatar

Posts: 71
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #61
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 03:27)June Bug wrote:  How come when I type POTN2 it changes to POTN2?

Icon_lol

19-Sep-2012 04:58
posts reply
Case Offline



Begs Questions
Student of the Sheldon-Fu!

Posts: 14,734
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #62
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 03:46)windpig wrote:  
(19-Sep-2012 03:44)Sheldon N wrote:  
(19-Sep-2012 03:29)June Bug wrote:  Oh, very clever, Mr. Mic !!!
Any other spell-check type goodies here? Or do we have to stumble across them ourselves??

It took me a while to figure that one out too! Mic is a crafty one. Icon_smile

(19-Sep-2012 03:30)June Bug wrote:  G'night guys !!!

Goodnight June!

That reminds me of what June Cleaver said to Ward one morning.
"Gosh Honey, don't you think your were a little hard on the Beaver last night?" Icon_cool

Coincidence....

http://youtu.be/EoWMF3VkI6U?t=1m21s

19-Sep-2012 05:02
posts reply
Oskar Offline



Kapteinis Nepāprotam
Luxembourg

Posts: 693
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #63
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 03:20)DJ wrote:  Ralph, what was the guest photo thing you were referring to?

I assume he is talking about the wedding guest book he did and got quite harsh critique from AKFreak Icon_rolleyes

(19-Sep-2012 05:02)Case wrote:  Coincidence....

http://youtu.be/EoWMF3VkI6U?t=1m21s

Interesting video, I like his last words in the video. Icon_lol

19-Sep-2012 07:51
posts www reply
juice Online



Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Posts: 15,184
Joined: May 2012
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Post: #64
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 07:51)Oskar wrote:  I assume he is talking about the wedding guest book he did and got quite harsh critique from AKFreak Icon_rolleyes
OK, that makes sense.

Gotta remember the Guntard was ... special.

19-Sep-2012 09:45
posts www reply
Oskar Offline



Kapteinis Nepāprotam
Luxembourg

Posts: 693
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #65
RE: General rubbish
 
Critique is all good, but you need thick skin for it. Icon_smile

19-Sep-2012 09:52
posts www reply
juice Online



Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Posts: 15,184
Joined: May 2012
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Post: #66
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 09:52)Oskar wrote:  Critique is all good, but you need thick skin for it. Icon_smile
And the critique should be non-retarded.

19-Sep-2012 10:00
posts www reply
Oskar Offline



Kapteinis Nepāprotam
Luxembourg

Posts: 693
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #67
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 10:00)juice wrote:  
(19-Sep-2012 09:52)Oskar wrote:  Critique is all good, but you need thick skin for it. Icon_smile
And the critique should be non-retarded.

Even if it is retarded, because there will always be retards as well looking at your work. Icon_rolleyes

19-Sep-2012 10:08
posts www reply
juice Online



Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Posts: 15,184
Joined: May 2012
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Post: #68
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 10:08)Oskar wrote:  Even if it is retarded, because there will always be retards as well looking at your work. Icon_rolleyes
Yeah, but they should STFU because nobody gives a rat's what they think.

19-Sep-2012 10:15
posts www reply
Oskar Offline



Kapteinis Nepāprotam
Luxembourg

Posts: 693
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #69
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 10:15)juice wrote:  
(19-Sep-2012 10:08)Oskar wrote:  Even if it is retarded, because there will always be retards as well looking at your work. Icon_rolleyes
Yeah, but they should STFU because nobody gives a rat's what they think.

Go tell them... Icon_rolleyes last time you got permanent ban from POTN Icon_lol

19-Sep-2012 10:20
posts www reply
juice Online



Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Posts: 15,184
Joined: May 2012
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Post: #70
RE: General rubbish
 
Out at dinner this evening at an Indian restaurant (not too good).

A couple of metres away there was an old couple at the next table, and the woman was a bit weird, but she did have very definite views on every thing.

Old woman at the next table: "They should ban phones from these places." (So yeah, I used to for most of the night. I had to, really. And by "used", I mean "held, even when not using", although I did look at it a lot Icon_smile

"Think of this as an adventure, Reg." Yeah, BLAND Indian in Melbourne, go nuts.

"He's picked up his phone again." Correct, and I smiled and waved at you as well. Unfortunately, she kinda stopped her loud observations at that time, not sure why.

19-Sep-2012 10:36
posts www reply
Oskar Offline



Kapteinis Nepāprotam
Luxembourg

Posts: 693
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #71
RE: General rubbish
 
Indian food is something I really miss in Luxembourg... Not that here we don't get it, but we have to go to fancy restaurants ($$$). Icon_mad In 6 days I'm going back to uni (UK), so first thing to get will be an Indian take away. Icon_cool

19-Sep-2012 10:42
posts www reply
juice Online



Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Posts: 15,184
Joined: May 2012
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Post: #72
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 10:42)Oskar wrote:  Indian food is something I really miss in Luxembourg... Not that here we don't get it, but we have to go to fancy restaurants ($$$).
Plenty of Indians here in Melb (as per the UK) so plenty of reasonably-priced Indian food here. I'm not as in love with it now as I was, possibly because we've eaten it a fair bit Icon_smile

19-Sep-2012 10:44
posts www reply
juice Online



Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Posts: 15,184
Joined: May 2012
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Post: #73
RE: General rubbish
 
Listening to The 12th Man while PPing a wedding, and laughing, not only because The 12th Man is seriously funny, but because I know virtually nobody else on this forum would find it funny in the least Icon_smile

19-Sep-2012 10:48
posts www reply
Ralphbro Offline



Agalmatophiliac
Imagining My Jewels

Posts: 1,075
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #74
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 09:52)Oskar wrote:  Critique is all good, but you need thick skin for it. Icon_smile

The critic didn't bother me at all. The point was, it bothered Rob, along with the fact that the critic lumped Sheldon and I together, which showed that he hadn't read the thread before commenting.

19-Sep-2012 11:00
posts reply
Ralphbro Offline



Agalmatophiliac
Imagining My Jewels

Posts: 1,075
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #75
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 10:36)juice wrote:  "held, even when not using", although I did look at it a lot Icon_smile
Icon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lol
I love that

19-Sep-2012 11:02
posts reply
juice Online



Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Posts: 15,184
Joined: May 2012
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Post: #76
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 11:02)windpig wrote:  I love that
Even Cha thought it was funny - so we sent texts to each other for a while Icon_smile

19-Sep-2012 11:26
posts www reply
Oskar Offline



Kapteinis Nepāprotam
Luxembourg

Posts: 693
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #77
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 10:44)juice wrote:  
(19-Sep-2012 10:42)Oskar wrote:  Indian food is something I really miss in Luxembourg... Not that here we don't get it, but we have to go to fancy restaurants ($$$).
Plenty of Indians here in Melb (as per the UK) so plenty of reasonably-priced Indian food here. I'm not as in love with it now as I was, possibly because we've eaten it a fair bit Icon_smile

hehe, I know only handful of places here in Luxembourg. In UK there are 5 indian restaurants on the street next to my apartment. Icon_lol

19-Sep-2012 13:07
posts www reply
Dennis Offline



Qatar Kraut
Qatar

Posts: 71
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #78
RE: General rubbish
 
And I bet none of them come close to proper Indian food :p

19-Sep-2012 15:17
posts reply
Oskar Offline



Kapteinis Nepāprotam
Luxembourg

Posts: 693
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #79
RE: General rubbish
 
(19-Sep-2012 15:17)Dennis wrote:  And I bet none of them come close to proper Indian food :p

Yeah, the ones in UK are completely different from Indian food Indian people eat. Icon_smile Have friends who are Indian and stuff they cook is completely different from what you get in a take away or restaurant in the UK. Icon_smile

19-Sep-2012 19:09
posts www reply
Blackshadow Offline



Public Enema #1
Melbourne

Posts: 1,214
Joined: Aug 2012

Post: #80
RE: General rubbish
 
(18-Sep-2012 10:41)juice wrote:  
(18-Sep-2012 10:20)Blackshadow wrote:  http://www.forum.makingimages.com.au
Yeah, it's the "www" that screws it up.

I think I found the fix - you need to setup the CNAME for both:

forum.makingimages.com.au

and

http://www.forum.makingimages.com.au

24-Sep-2012 12:07
posts www reply
juice Online



Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Posts: 15,184
Joined: May 2012
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Post: #81
RE: General rubbish
 
(24-Sep-2012 12:07)Blackshadow wrote:  I think I found the fix - you need to setup the CNAME for both:

forum.makingimages.com.au

and

http://www.forum.makingimages.com.au
I tried that at the time and it wouldn't let me, but this time it did. Computers.

24-Sep-2012 12:41
posts www reply
juice Online



Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Posts: 15,184
Joined: May 2012
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Post: #82
RE: General rubbish
 
A couple of RX600 units up on eBay at the moment.

Hmmm...

Are they usually black? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....SS:AU:1123

(Also a couple of Digital 1200 RX packs, but not too interested in them, I think. Although I may be Icon_smile

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Elinchrom-Dig...3f1cdf4562

25-Sep-2012 05:47
posts www reply
Rudi Offline



iRenaissance Man
Outback

Posts: 2,450
Joined: Aug 2012

Post: #83
RE: General rubbish
 
(25-Sep-2012 05:47)juice wrote:  A couple of RX600 units up on eBay at the moment.

Hmmm...

Are they usually black? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....SS:AU:1123

(Also a couple of Digital 1200 RX packs, but not too interested in them, I think. Although I may be Icon_smile

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Elinchrom-Dig...3f1cdf4562

They're more of a very dark grey:

[Image: p353750853.jpg]

25-Sep-2012 07:37
posts reply
juice Online



Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Posts: 15,184
Joined: May 2012
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Post: #84
RE: General rubbish
 
(25-Sep-2012 07:37)Rudi wrote:  They're more of a very dark grey:
Ok, cool. I *thought* they were grey not black.

Do I really need more lights?

25-Sep-2012 08:06
posts www reply
Blackshadow Offline



Public Enema #1
Melbourne

Posts: 1,214
Joined: Aug 2012

Post: #85
RE: General rubbish
 
(25-Sep-2012 08:06)juice wrote:  
(25-Sep-2012 07:37)Rudi wrote:  They're more of a very dark grey:
Ok, cool. I *thought* they were grey not black.

Do I really need more lights?

The sun is very powerful...

25-Sep-2012 08:10
posts www reply
juice Online



Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Posts: 15,184
Joined: May 2012
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Post: #86
RE: General rubbish
 
(25-Sep-2012 08:10)Blackshadow wrote:  The sun is very powerful...
A very good point Icon_cheesygrin

25-Sep-2012 08:35
posts www reply
Dennis Offline



Qatar Kraut
Qatar

Posts: 71
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #87
RE: General rubbish
 
Is there really such a thing as 'enough lights'? Icon_biggrin

25-Sep-2012 12:06
posts reply
Sheldon N Online



MegaloMooMoo
Vancouver, WA

Posts: 53,196
Joined: Jul 2012

Post: #88
RE: General rubbish
 
Do it Mic! You'll need them when you buy the EL Octa. Icon_smile

Sheldon | I like camera gear | Flickr
25-Sep-2012 14:41
posts www reply
Dennis Offline



Qatar Kraut
Qatar

Posts: 71
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #89
RE: General rubbish
 
(25-Sep-2012 14:41)Sheldon N wrote:  Do it Mic! You'll need them when you buy the EL Octa. Icon_smile

Wait, he doesn't have one yet?

25-Sep-2012 15:52
posts reply
SilverHCIC Offline



Light Meter Baron
Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,954
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #90
RE: General rubbish
 
(25-Sep-2012 08:06)juice wrote:  
(25-Sep-2012 07:37)Rudi wrote:  They're more of a very dark grey:
Ok, cool. I *thought* they were grey not black.

Do I really need more lights?

I like my purple RX better than my gray RXs. ... I like being able to see what's inside.

25-Sep-2012 15:56
posts reply
Tetrode Offline



This Space for Rent
The Land of Gorch

Posts: 9,240
Joined: Jul 2012

Post: #91
RE: General rubbish
 
(25-Sep-2012 15:56)SilverHCIC wrote:  
(25-Sep-2012 08:06)juice wrote:  
(25-Sep-2012 07:37)Rudi wrote:  They're more of a very dark grey:
Ok, cool. I *thought* they were grey not black.

Do I really need more lights?

I like my purple RX better than my gray RXs. ... I like being able to see what's inside.

Purple Elinchrom owners need to form a support group. The translucent purple case never bothered me and I do like seeing what's inside:

[Image: 5121236695_dfa6164846_b.jpg]

It reminds me of ...

[Image: AC080140l.jpg]

I demand a second opinion! According to that STUPID test I'm 50% hipster.
25-Sep-2012 16:04
posts reply
SilverHCIC Offline



Light Meter Baron
Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,954
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #92
RE: General rubbish
 
Yep - Power to the Purple !!!
Although mine doesn't float in the air like that. ... I suspect that is one of your fancy modifications that we mere mortals don't have. Was that part of your fancy, gigantic "Indirect PLM" invention??

25-Sep-2012 16:18
posts reply
Case Offline



Begs Questions
Student of the Sheldon-Fu!

Posts: 14,734
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #93
RE: General rubbish
 
^ With the PLM its a fairly easy mod.

Meh, i never liked the purple. I do like the transparency, but not the purple.

25-Sep-2012 19:07
posts reply
DJ Offline



Can I buy a vowel?
Minnesota

Posts: 36,997
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #94
RE: General rubbish
 
You have to love purple.

25-Sep-2012 19:10
posts reply
juice Online



Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Posts: 15,184
Joined: May 2012
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Post: #95
RE: General rubbish
 
(25-Sep-2012 12:06)Dennis wrote:  Is there really such a thing as 'enough lights'? Icon_biggrin
(25-Sep-2012 14:41)Sheldon N wrote:  Do it Mic! You'll need them when you buy the EL Octa. Icon_smile
My support group Icon_smile

(25-Sep-2012 15:52)Dennis wrote:  Wait, he doesn't have one yet?
Not yet. A couple of indirects, but not the Octa.

25-Sep-2012 21:20
posts www reply
Ralphbro Offline



Agalmatophiliac
Imagining My Jewels

Posts: 1,075
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #96
RE: General rubbish
 
(25-Sep-2012 19:10)DJ wrote:  You have to love purple.

Bud Grant lover you.

25-Sep-2012 21:46
posts reply
Rudi Offline



iRenaissance Man
Outback

Posts: 2,450
Joined: Aug 2012

Post: #97
RE: General rubbish
 
Purple haze... Icon_mrgreen

26-Sep-2012 12:09
posts reply
Ralphbro Offline



Agalmatophiliac
Imagining My Jewels

Posts: 1,075
Joined: Sep 2012

Post: #98
RE: General rubbish
 
Purple People Eaters.

26-Sep-2012 13:08
posts reply
Tetrode Offline



This Space for Rent
The Land of Gorch

Posts: 9,240
Joined: Jul 2012

Post: #99
RE: General rubbish
 
(26-Sep-2012 13:08)windpig wrote:  Purple People Eaters.

Ahhh, they don't write 'em like that anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9H_cI_WCnE

I demand a second opinion! According to that STUPID test I'm 50% hipster.
26-Sep-2012 14:33
posts reply
Sheldon N Online



MegaloMooMoo
Vancouver, WA

Posts: 53,196
Joined: Jul 2012

Post: #100
RE: General rubbish
 
Now that song is stuck in my head. Icon_smile

Sheldon | I like camera gear | Flickr
26-Sep-2012 14:35
posts www reply


Who read this thread?
9 User(s) read this thread:
juice (10-May-2017, 04:21), Sheldon N (10-May-2017, 03:44), Tetrode (10-May-2017, 10:39), FJ Love (10-May-2017, 04:01), Sigma Pi (10-May-2017, 03:22), Rudi (17-Apr-2017, 00:02), Case (19-May-2017, 17:43), Ralphbro (10-May-2017, 10:22), DJ (12-May-2017, 18:00)

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)