G'day, welcome to the Making Images forum. Please register, it will make things even better! Read this page for some suggestions as to how to bet the most out of your time here.

Go F**king Hawks!!!!!
Ralphbro Offline

Agalmatophiliac
Imagining My Jewels

RE: Go F**king Hawks!!!!!

(07-Feb-2015 02:02)June Bug wrote:  Doesn't it feel good to do something that will benefit a total stranger?

My wife and I donate on a regular basis to the Union Gospel Mission. They're an organization that squeezes about as much efficiency out of a dollar as you'll find, helping the homeless in the Seattle area.

Another women's group that showed on my radar last year was a YWCA group that helps disadvantaged women with job interviews by coaching and finding donated professional style clothing.

Lot's of way to give back to community and society. I really like to see some of the teenagers and young adults that do outreach to help others. It helps to assuage my jaundice view of a lot of the society that is so self centered. You know, the Sheldon's of our society.Icon_cheesygrin

Mankins are lumps of cold, dead plastic. But that doesn't mean they don't turn me on.
With friends like these, who needs mankins? I do, that's who.
I love pinging my junk with a rubber band. Dr Snip taught me how.
I lead an underworld cult of mankin people.
WTFWJD?

07-Feb-2015 03:02
posts reply
juice Online

Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Facebook Flickr Twitter

Icon_smile

The main reason I'm back at uni this year is because I want to be able to teach journalism to kids doing their degrees, make sure they do it right. Or, at the very least, were shown the right way to do it.

07-Feb-2015 03:25
posts www reply
Ralphbro Offline

Agalmatophiliac
Imagining My Jewels

Cool. Howz about offering distant learning pod cast thing?

Mankins are lumps of cold, dead plastic. But that doesn't mean they don't turn me on.
WTFWJD?

07-Feb-2015 04:12
posts reply
juice Online

Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Facebook Flickr Twitter

(07-Feb-2015 04:12)Ralphbro wrote:  Cool. Howz about offering distant learning pod cast thing?
Gotta get the honours and be working on the PhD before anything much can happen.

One of the possibilities for the honours subject is ethics in sports journalism Icon_smile Another is the future of radio - podcasts, spotify, etc.

07-Feb-2015 04:32
posts www reply
Sheldon N Online

MegaloMooMoo
Vancouver, WA

(07-Feb-2015 03:02)Ralphbro wrote:  It helps to assuage my jaundice view of a lot of the society that is so self centered. You know, the Sheldon's of our society.
Icon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lol

Sheldon | I used to own some camera gear | Flickr
07-Feb-2015 07:17
posts www reply
Ralphbro Offline

Agalmatophiliac
Imagining My Jewels

(07-Feb-2015 04:32)juice wrote:  One of the possibilities for the honours subject is ethics in sports journalism Icon_smile

Yes, in the new "Brian Williams School of Journalism".

WTFWJD?

07-Feb-2015 22:24
posts reply
juice Online

Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Facebook Flickr Twitter

Hey, if things he saw happen might possibly have happened to him maybe if he was someone else or something, who are you to have a go at him, eh? Hmmm, Ralphie?

08-Feb-2015 05:30
posts www reply
Ralphbro Offline

Agalmatophiliac
Imagining My Jewels

Mic, he's full of himself.

WTFWJD?

08-Feb-2015 13:06
posts reply
juice Online

Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Facebook Flickr Twitter

Yes, he seems like a complete knob.

08-Feb-2015 17:42
posts www reply
June Bug Offline

pseudo girlie-girl
Painting shit on Martin's truck.

juice wrote:The main reason I'm back at uni this year is because I want to be able to teach journalism to kids doing their degrees, make sure they do it right. Or, at the very least, were shown the right way to do it.

Investing time, and sharing the talents that we all have, far exceeds the value of a financial donation to an organization. Most importantly, if we make it a point to help those we are helping realize that we really care about them, it helps their confidence and self-esteem. Personally, I believe this is a far better way for me to show that I really want to make a difference in somebody's life.

Of course, financial support is often the foundation upon which great things can be built. But before I had extra discretionary income that I could use to help disadvantaged individuals, I had my time, my energy, and my compassion for others. When I was a young girl, my Mom & Dad started me volunteering just one afternoon per month. It was always on a Sunday, after mass. I did it for years, and even after my Mom & Dad said I could stop, I chose to continue.

To this day, I believe I get more out of volunteer work than the people I help. I feel really good, and I have an opportunity to see how others who are far less fortunate than I are genuinely grateful that people care about them. Sometimes I can only help out for a couple hours, while occasionally I help out for a full day (... OK, I admit, that's pretty rare Icon_redface ). But I always feel pretty good when I'm done.

I used to be a lumberjack.

09-Feb-2015 03:10
posts reply
juice Online

Minister for Outrage
in Curmudgestan

Facebook Flickr Twitter

(09-Feb-2015 03:10)June Bug wrote:  Investing time, and sharing the talents that we all have, far exceeds the value of a financial donation to an organization.
+100000000

(09-Feb-2015 03:10)June Bug wrote:  To this day, I believe I get more out of volunteer work than the people I help.
This too.

09-Feb-2015 03:23
posts www reply
Sheldon N Online

MegaloMooMoo
Vancouver, WA

Too true, JB. Well said.

Sheldon | I used to own some camera gear | Flickr
09-Feb-2015 04:13
posts www reply